Things I Loved This Summer V. Things I'm Looking Forward To This Fall
Things I Loved This Summer
Skincare: I got really into taking care of my skin this summer. I played around a lot with different moisturizing products and such. I’ve always been someone who was like “take care of your skin!!!” but never actually did much to take care of it??? The most notable in my collection are Elf’s Undereye Cream, Better Skin Mirakle Cream as my primary moisturizer, and Micellar water because it takes off my makeup so well without leaving my skin oily.
- Espadrilles: I almost wore espadrilles exclusively this summer and I am not proud to say how many I purchased this season… I do think I will be able to wear them a little into the fall although it’s definitely a shoe that screams summer. They were really shoppable in all shapes and sizes this year as well going from sneaker versions to flatforms!
- One Piece Swimsuits: For as long as I can remember I have been swimsuit obsessed, but just this year did my attention switch to the skimpy bikini’s older sister: the one piece. (she just recently had her glow-up) but, now I feel like I will never look back. Like come on cute! Unfortunately, I feel like I will have to leave these in the summer season but I guarantee that they will be back in my shopping cart come next spring.
- Scrunchies: This was an obsession I did not see coming, and honestly came completely out of necessity. After chopping my hair off (another obsession: short hair!) I needed a way to pull my hair back without it getting terribly creased because messy buns were no longer an option. Now I wear a scrunchie around my wrist almost every day and although my sister thinks they’re so embarrassing, I think they’re adorable.
- Rascal Flatts and Khalid: This is so funny to me because these guys are like COMPLETE opposites when it comes to sound and pretty much everything if we’re being honest. BUT they’re pretty much all I listened to the entire summer. My fav RF’s song of the moment is “Love What You’ve Done With The Place” and my favorite Khalid song is “Saved” with “American Teen” being a very close runner up!
- Grilled Fish: Weird, I know…but I love how it tastes, the health benefits and most importantly how it makes my skin glow!!!
- Statement Earrings: I do not see this going anywhere anytime soon, as I wear hoops at least three times a week. I just love how the more dramatic, the better!
- Hiking: I’ve done more hiking this summer than ever before (even then, it’s not a ton) but I’m obsessed…I’ve even put a through hike on my bucket list…it may not get done for like another 30 years, but I really want to accomplish one.
- Getting really close to Cristina: This summer I spent sooooooo much time with Cristina (READ HER HAPPY CORNER OF THE INTERNET) and her bf Cam (my actual twin) and I really fell in love with their positive light….she’s radiant y’all. I know throughout the fall semester I will miss her desperately because we currently have a long distance friendship but our love for each other will remain unbroken!
What I’m looking forward to this fall
- Mom Jeans: This allllllmmmmost went on the list above, BUT I just don’t feel like I have enough experience to truly call myself a fan. I do however, like what I see.
- More scarves: I have been seen countless times this summer sporting a fashionable bandana, but for some reason I get a tad bashful when it comes to the full on scarf, but there are a plethora of ways to wear them and I plan on using every opportunity I can get.
- Pinterest: Again…almost went on the list above, but I am just so new. I am probably the only girl (let alone blogger) to not have billions of pins, but I just created mine this month!!! However, I have heard that fall is when it REALLY goes hard, so I am getting ready. PS: follow me!
- The Patterned Button Up: This trend was totally one that snuck up on me…but I have been seeing it everywhere. I literally squealed when I saw this one in stores the other day.
- Nashville: My roommates and I just started this show and OMG?! Why did it take me this long to find it??? SO good!!!
- Loafers: Freakin Gucci has me drooling and although this is definitely a pipe dream, finding cute loafers around will be a breeze. I have found so many already at thrift stores!