My Guide To Inexpensive Shopping At Rue 21 + Haul
PROS + CONS
- You can get really trendy items for thrift store prices
- The items there are of the same quality of other fast fashion stores (think Forever 21, Charlotte Russe)
- They are constantly releasing new things, so their clearance section is always full!
- Great online incentives and great customer service.
- It is really easy to rack up rewards.
- Rewards are easy to use, meaning there isn't a ton of criteria to meet.
- Their sizing stays pretty much consistent, so ordering online isn't super crazy
- There is a lot of crappy items you need to dig through to find a few good gems.
- Can be an overwhelming shopping experiences given the amounts of 'duds' and the overall aesthetic of the store.
- It is fast fashion, so these things may not last forever (but, I take care of everything like the tags say and everything has stayed really nice!)
- Until you prove to people that the stuff is cute, you may be judged (haha)
- When you enter the store, skip ALL of the normally priced items and head for the clearance. They usually have a large section of things ranging from $1-$5. Yes, even shoes.
- Don't forget to check the home/jewelry clearance section. Again, there are sometimes some super great finds. I love switching up water bottles and things like that and I have found some really cools things!
- Think of it kind of like thrifting, there will be a lot of tween crap. No doubt. Hold out for the good finds.
- Make an online account, and shop when they are giving away the RueBucks, it really isn't that hard to get them, plus you can earn them by shopping clearance.
- The clearance online usually isn't as good as in store, but there is a better selection, specifically shoes. They run deals a lot of times where all of their shoes are 10/15 dollars.
- Make sure you use your RueBucks before they expire. In the haul above, I used them. I shopped when they were having a huge clearance sale and so before clearance my total was $280, these things being on clearance brought that down to $80, then I used my RueBucks that I earned previously, and my total was $43.
- If you sign up for emails, they will alert you of when these deals are happening!
- Shipping to the store is always free, and honestly SUPER easy.